19.60.580 Limited industrial (I-L) zone.
The following signs are allowed in I-L zones:
A. Wall and/or Marquee. Each establishment shall be allowed a combined sign area of one square foot per lineal foot of building frontage facing a dedicated street or alley; however, the sign area may be increased to a maximum of three
square feet per lineal foot of building frontage; provided, that the sign does not exceed 50 percent of the background area on which the sign is applied, mounted or displayed. Each establishment shall also be allowed signs facing on-site parking areas for five cars or more and walkways 10 feet or more in width. Such signs shall be allowed an area of one square foot per lineal foot of building frontage facing said area; however, the area may be increased to two square feet
per lineal foot of building frontage; provided, that the sign does not exceed 50 percent of the background area on which the sign is applied, mounted or displayed. The maximum sign area shall not exceed 100 square feet.
B. Freestanding (Pole). Each lot shall be allowed one freestanding sign subject to the following:
1. Signs are restricted to those lots having a minimum frontage of 100 feet on a dedicated street. In the case of corner lots, only one frontage shall be counted;
2. The sign may contain one square foot of area for each lineal foot of street frontage but shall not exceed 150 square feet. In the case of corner lots or through lots, only the frontage the sign is oriented to shall be counted toward the allowable sign area;
3. Maximum height, 35 feet;
4. Minimum ground clearance, eight feet;
5. The sign shall not be permitted to project into the public right-of-way;
6. The sign shall maintain a 20-foot setback from all interior property lines;
7. Freestanding pole signs less than eight feet in height are restricted to a maximum sign area of 12 square feet and shall maintain a minimum setback of five feet from all streets;
8. Commercial messages on pole signs in the I-L zone may identify only the name of the complex and tenants therein.
C. Ground (Monument). A low-profile ground sign may be used in lieu of a freestanding pole sign. The sign shall be subject to the following:
1. Maximum height, eight feet;
2. Maximum sign area, 50 square feet;
3. The sign shall maintain a minimum setback of five feet from all streets and 10 feet from all interior property lines;
4. The sign structure shall be designed to be architecturally compatible with the main building and constructed with the same or similar materials.
D. Signs on Screening Walls or Fences. In lieu of a freestanding sign, a sign may be applied to a wall or fence used for screening of parking areas. The sign shall be subject to the following:
1. The sign may only denote the name of the principal establishment or the name of the commercial complex;
2. Maximum sign area, 25 square feet.
E. The design review committee may reduce sign areas below those authorized above based on the sign guidelines and criteria contained in the design manual, without consideration of the graphic design of the copy or message displayed on the sign. (Ord. 2924 § 2, 2003).
<![if !supportEmptyParas]> <![endif]>